Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When doctors don't know what to do next...

I'm at the end of my rope. Feeling desperate, screaming for help, searching for a treatment. NOTHING is helping and DOCTORS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

Just finished meeting with my doctor where he said he does not know what more he can do for me.  We discussed my motility disorder (I have had almost all studies done that can be done on my GI and the only one that i failed was the sitz marker study.)

We have tried miralax, stimulant laxatives, amitiza, reglan, and others nothing is helping. On miralax I am currently taking over 15 doses per day and nothing.  It just sits in my colon and collects there for weeks. 

My doc proceded to tell me that there is noting else out there we can try!! WHAT? NOTHING?...There has to be SOMETHING TO TRY!!!

He said to continue trying to use miralax and stimulant laxatives.He stated that he is a Miralax guy and that is his favorite thing to treat intractible constipation. But I'm left thinking "what if that doesnt work and makes be bloat even more and makes me super nautious????"

He said to just live with the pain, bloating, nausia, vomiting and my toxic colon.  How can i live with a huge distended belly and look like im preggo and ready to pop!  How do I live with the pain of not having a BM for 3+ weeks. How do I live if I'm constantly natious and vomiting when I try to eat.  Besides that he has had me on such a large dose of Miralax that every waking seccond im having to force the stuff down and it dosent even help!!! Also i have to take at least 8 stimulant laxatives for them to do anything and they make me horribly sick for days.

I have been praying over this a lot lately.  I have recently gaind back the strength I need to fight for myslef. This is not the quality of life I want, especially when i know in my heart that this is not the life I'm ment to live.  This is meerly a bump in my road.  

Do I go back to the colorectal suergon that performed anorectal and pelvic floor testing (which i passed with flying colors) to see if she has a more aggressive approach, medications or other treatments. Do i go to a different GI?  At least we have a real diagnosis so we can move forward with a real treatment. I want a full and happy life. 

Pinned Image